- INFORMATION COLLECTED
We only collect personal information about you when you specifically and knowingly provide it on our website or to our customer service representatives via telephone. If you request information or purchase domain name, email webhosting or other services (the “Services”) you will be asked to provide personal information. This information may include your:
- telephone and fax numbers
- email address
- password, and
- credit card information
- USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
JGM only collects and uses your information for the following purposes:
- To establish and maintain a responsible commercial relationship with you and to provide ongoing service. For example, when you purchase Services, we collect information that allows us to confirm your identity and credit history so that we can accurately bill and collect payment for the Services
- To understand your needs and preferences. For example, we maintain a record of the products and services you receive from us, and we may ask for additional information so that we can serve you better
- To develop, enhance, market or provide products and services. For example, we analyze how our customers use our products and services, so that we can understand how to improve them. From time to time, we may review and analyze your use of our products and services to help us provide better product recommendations and special offers that we think will interest you
- To manage and develop our business and operations. For example, we analyze customer usage of our networks and facilities to help us manage them efficiently and plan for future growth
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements. For example, we may collect information in response to a court order
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
There are a variety of circumstances where we may need to disclose some personal information about you. Here are some examples:
We may disclose your personal information to:
- a person who, in the reasonable judgment of JGM, is seeking the information as your agent. For example, we may provide information about your account to your legal representative if we are satisfied that that individual is requesting the information on your behalf
- JGM parent companies or subsidiaries to help us serve you better and provide you with services
- a company or individual employed by JGM to perform functions on our behalf, such as research or data processing
- an agent used by JGM to evaluate your credit worthiness or to collect your account
- a credit reporting agency
- a public authority, agent of a public authority or law enforcement agency
ANY DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO A THIRD PARTY IS CONFIDENTIAL AND THE INFORMATION SHALL BE USED ONLY FOR THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH IT WAS DISCLOSED.
- RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
The account or membership information you provide when registering with us is stored in our secure databases as long as you are a customer of JGM. You must notify JGM if you no longer want your information to be retained by us. If you contact us with a question or comment, any information identifying you is only kept long enough for us to provide you with a response, unless we are required to keep it for a longer period of time.
Please note that it may be impossible to delete your information completely without some residual information remaining in our databases.
- PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
In order to protect your personal information and your right to privacy, JGM:
- Uses a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Server Certificate
- Uses servers that are protected by firewalls, which are frequently updated to enhance security
- Protects the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with other companies
- Strives to keep your personal information as accurate and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes identified above
- Uses other appropriate security safeguards with respect to its databases, computer networks and systems, and
- Will honour any request you may make for access to your personal information
- ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION AND YOUR ACCESS TO IT
JGM relies on the accuracy of the information provided by you but accepts responsibility for the management and confidentiality of the personal information it collects. Please contact our Information Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org to:
- Change or confirm your personal information
- Have your information removed from our databases, or
- Speak to someone about JGM information-handling practices
DMCA: Digital Millennium Copyright Act Policy
JGM Enterprises Inc. will respond to allegations of copyright violations in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
The DMCA provides a process for a copyright owner to give notification to an online service provider concerning alleged copyright infringement. When a valid DMCA notification is received, the service provider responds under this process by taking down the offending content. On taking down content under the DMCA, we will take reasonable steps to contact the owner of the removed content so that a counter-notification may be filed. On receiving a valid counter-notification, we generally restore the content in question, unless we receive notice from the notification provider that a legal action has been filed seeking a court order to restrain the alleged infringer from engaging in the infringing activity.
To File a Notification
A written notification must be made. This can be done by written letter (regular mail or courier). Emails will not be accepted unless a prior arrangement has been made. The notification must:
1. Identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted work that you believe has been infringed upon (i.e., describe the work that you own).
2. Identify the items that you claim are infringing on your copyright and provide information reasonably sufficient to locate the items.
3. Provide a reasonably sufficient method of contacting you; phone number and email address would be preferred.
4. (Optional) Provide information, if possible, sufficient to permit us to notify the user(s) who posted the content that allegedly contains infringing material. You may also provide screenshots or other materials that are helpful to identify the works in question. (This is for identification only, not to “prove” substantive claims.)
5. Include the following statement: “I have good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted materials described above and contained on the service is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or by protection of law.”
6. Include the following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
7. Sign the document.
Please note: The DMCA provides that you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys fees) if you falsely claim that an item is infringing your copyrights. We recommend contacting an attorney if you are unsure whether an item is protected by copyright laws.
Send the written document to the designated Copyright Agent as follows:
JGM Enterprises Inc.,
Attn: Copyright Agent
2737 Dufferin St.
To file a counter-notification:
1. List the items that were removed by JGM, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed. Please identify the items in sufficient detail.
2. Provide your name, address, telephone number, email address (if available).
3. State that you consent to the jurisdiction of Federal Court.
4. State that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification to us of the alleged infringement or an agent of such person.
5. State the following: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the material identified above was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.”
6. Sign the document.
Send the written document to the designated Copyright Agent:
JGM Enterprises Inc.,
Attn: Copyright Agent
2737 Dufferin St.